Tuesday 10 January 2012

On Being a Fangirl

How can you not?

Anyone who follows my Tumblr or Twitter or Facebook knows that I am a huge fangirl of many things, usually all at once. Currently, I have over saturated myself with Steven Moffat's Sherlock. I mean, I changed the passcode on my iPhone (I bet you can't guess to what), I had a dream last night that I woke up next to Benedict Cumberbatch (that name); I rewatch episodes constantly; and I spend hours looking at other Sherlock blogs and tumblrs and giggle over gifs and swoon over sentiments similar to my own. Next thing you know, I'll be doing fanfiction (please take away my internet if that ever happens).

I so am.
I feel that maybe I should be embarrassed about enjoying a tv show so much and letting it fill up my life. But then again I don't, because I have nothing else going in my life right now (single, no pets, no time-consuming hobbies) and retreating into the fantasies in my mind is my way of dealing with the solitude of single-girl city living.

I suppose there is something a little unhealthy in living in a fantasy, but this has to be better than meeting up with strangers in the park at night for drugs and sex, right?

Right.

Anyway tonight I'm going to see the new movie on my own, because I'm cool like that.

Do you have any totally healthy and appropriate and not weird in any way obsessions with actors, characters, tv shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment